Presto is an online streaming service that allows Australians to experience 1000’s of hours of ad-free TV shows and endless movie entertainment. In 2015 Foxtel Platinum customers were granted with a free subscription of Presto as part of their current package. The CX team at FOXTEL was assigned with the task to deliver a signup for those customers within a very tight deadline!
- Enable 1000s of Foxtel’s Platinum Customers to signup for Presto as part of their current subscription
- Design a simplified signup process
- Eliminate barriers for users at the signup
- Deliver project for development in less than 1 month
Lead UX Designer: Juan Cordoba
- Understanding business needs and technical requirements
- Studying the specifics of the Foxtel ID registration process
- Sketching and ideation
- Weekly stand-up meetings with the Presto team to report the progress and capture new tasks/identifying new barriers.
- Design iteration and liaising with legal and marketing
- Delivery of designs to Technocrat
- Finalising copy with marketing and legal departments.
- User Flows
- Stakeholder presentations
- User interface and interaction design
- Collaboration with the business analysts in the creation of detailed requirements
- Prototyping and walkthrough the developmentment team
- Wireframing and concept design iterations including stakeholder feedback
Once identified the technical and business requirements the CX team jumped straight away into wireframing due to the tight delivery deadline!
Step 1 – Enter Subscription Details:
The new sign up process required at least 2 of the subscribers details in order to validate if the user was eligible for a Free Presto subscription
Step 2 – Enter Personal Details:
Once users get validated as Foxtel’s platinum subscribers they get redirected to the signup form where their personal details will be gather in order to create a Presto account. The signup form allows users to create an Account PIN that will be used for parental controls.
Step 3 – Welcome
The account is created and users are prompted to configure their parental controls in order to manage the viewing of their families.
Error messaging was a crucial part of this project. Due to the technical restrictions and requirements that we had to deal with. The interface needed to communicate effectively if there were any errors encountered.
Details don’t match records
When testing the signup we found that users are very likely to do mistakes due to the complexity of the numbers required in the form. For this reason an inline validation was implemented in order to provide feedback to the user.
We support users with instructions displayed in tooltips. This instructions are displayed when users focus on an input field
The signup was successfully delivered within a month. And it currently allows 1000s of Foxtel Platinum subscribers to signup for Presto as part of their Foxtel package.